Stay in the heart of Henningsvær
Tobiasbrygga is located right in the center of Henningsvær, in walking distance to cafes, restaurants, galleries, shops and more. The wharf has a 35 meter long quay and a fish factory, here all guests can plan fishing trips or just fish on the quay. There is room for storing fishing equipment and clothing as well as the possibility to clean and freeze fish. In the Lofoten season fishermen stay at our quay and we take our guests out to experience the exotic fishing.
Family holidays in Lofoten?
See what the website Lofoten advise.
– Henningsvær er et døgnåpent lekeland (UT.no)
– Lofoten tredje beste øy-reisemål i verden (National Geographic)
– Et nordlysbilde (National Geographic)
Activities on the quay
Borrow a bike at Tobiasbrygga and discover Henningsvær by bicycle.
Fishing from the pier
Tobiasbrygga lends out fishingequipment. We have all the facilities for processing fish, freezers and rooms for storage of equipment and clothing.
There are several opportunities to experience deep sea fishing in Henningsvær. Skipper Rudi Willassen has the following offer.
Summer Fishing – from 1 June to 30 August: Fishing trips with a duration of three hours where I serve coffee and cook the day’s catch aboard. If high demand there will be two trips per day with departure 10:00 and 17:00. The trip costs kr. 800, – for adults and kr. 400 for children under 15 years. Maximum 12 participants.
Winter Fishing: The tour starts at 06:00 and ends between 12:00 and 14:00 depending on how far it is to place the nets are and how much fish there are in the nets. After we pulled up the nets, we fish for about 1 hour by sea fishing rods. The trip costs kr.1200, – per person. Maximum 5 participants.
Rental: You can rent the boat and the skipper for kr. 2500, – per hour. Minimum time: 3 hours.
Contact Rudi Willassen, phone: 90039086
Other activities in Henningsvær
Lofoten Adventure – experience fantastic scenery from Henningsvær, eagle safari, snorkeling, summer midnight safari, Trollfjord, Lofoten fishery, Northern Lights.
Arts and Culture
- KaviarFactory (approximately 400 meters from Tobiasbrygga) is an exciting art gallery showing national and international contemporary art.
- Drops – Wonderful crafts shop.
- Lofoten House Gallery – has the largest collection of North Norwegian paintings from the period around the turn of the century, slide shows and souvenir shop.
- Engelskmannsbrygga – discover the potters and glass blowers in an open work environment and visit the gallery of crafts.
Lysstøperi – a room with insight, taste sensations, tranquility and inspiration. Local production of candles and a cozy café.
- Codstock Festivalen (rhythm & blues-festival).
Famus football field
Visit the football stadium in Henningsvær, wonderfully placed between racks with stockfish and the lighthouse. The stadium is located only 200 meters from Tobiasbrygga and is worth a visit with or without a football. The stadium has recently received much attention in both the Norwegian and international press, billed as «the world’s most spectacular football stadium». Below are two of the news stories:
Climb a mountain
In good weather you can climb the mountain Festvågtinden, close to Henningsvær, 541 meter above sea level. Amazing trip and views. Do not take the trip if it’s raining and wet. A more detailed description can be found here.
Food and experiences
Catering, shop, post office, store, rental
- Lofotmat – fantastic fish restaurant.
- Climbing café – pub and cafe with great atmosphere.
Lysstøperi café – a cozy café.
- Fiskekrogen – fish restaurant.
Joker Henningsvær – grocery store and post office. High season: Monday-Saturday 09-20. Low season: Monday-Friday 09-19, Saturday 09-16.
- Mix kiosk – open every day from 11-21.
– Rentalcars avd. Svolvær